How do I Change my name on my Driving License with the DVLA?

Okay so let's get down to the process involved and what you have to do.

Step 1. - Provide Evidence of your Change of Name

The first thing you must do is provide appropriate evidence that you have abandoned the use of your old name and will be using your new name from now on, this can be shown in any of the following ways - 

-  Deed Poll Document ( Change of name Deed )
-  Marriage Certificate
-  Decree Absolute

Step 2. - Your Current Driving License and Papers

When you apply for your updated Driving license you will need to send both your Current Card license and your Paper documentation that came with your Driving License ( Paper License ) to the DVLA with your application.

Step 3. - Apply Online for Application Forms

Once you have done all of the above you can apply online for the DVLA to send you the relevant forms to your current address. 

D1 Pack - Application for a driving license for a car, moped or motorcycle

But if you live in Wales you will need -

D1W Pack - Welsh version of the D1 pack

And if you drive any of the following -

-  Lorry (Any Size)
-  Minibus
-  Bus

Then you will need the following form pack -

D2 Pack - Application for a driving license for a lorry, minibus or bus

To order any of the above packs just use the following link to the Department of Transport website

Order DVLA Forms

How long do they take to arrive?

They usually take around 5-7 days for the form pack to arrive, it also depends where you live in the United Kingdom but the maximum that it will take is between 2-3 weeks, but normally they are pretty good.